Friday, June 15, 2012

President Barack Obama in the NeighborHOOD!

Guess what!!!?


Yesterday, in walking distance from the house, someone in the neighborhood hosted a fundraiser for our President of the United States, Barack Obama!


I could hardly believe it!  Someone in our neighborhood has the money, influence, connection and clout to host a fundraiser for the President of the United States!  Man!  It's so inspiring to me to have the President of the United States, up the street, down the street and around the corner. 


It's reminiscent of the feelings I had a few weeks ago, when I went to see, opening weekend,  Steve Harvey's "Think like a Man" movie on Saturday, and Tyler Perry's "Madea Gets a Job"  at the Nokia Theater, on Sunday.  People are making it happen; not making excuses and overcoming adverse situations to fulfill their dreams.  And the amazing part is, the universe opens up and makes room for us to share our talents with the world.  As Kenye West (my favorite), says "we're all a part of the math". 


To be honest with you, there was a time, I use to settle for just getting by.  A grade C in school was OK, just being mediorce.  Performing and expecting mediocre results.   Now, I make a conscious effort daily to do my very best.  And, I don't think any of the people mentioned in this blog would be where they are today if they were just mediocre...


OK! OK!  Below is a video of the mortorcade and "a few photos" of the home where the fundraiser was hosted!  Whoo Hoo!!








This weekend be 100%.


photos: eve 
video:  eena

No comments:

Post a Comment