Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY Mother's Day Gift Wrapping


To my surprise, these flowers were on my front steps when I got home.

It was like something out of the movies!  So exciting to read the card and find out who thought this much about me to send flowers!



Thanks for making my day Mildred!

I brought three Mother's Day gifts for my daughters, Ms. N., Ms. E., and Ms. J.  Rather than spend $15.00 or more on greeting cards, I decided to make my own and write my own greeting card message.

Last year I was in the $1.00 store and picked up this scrap booking book for a $1.00.  :)   Didn't know how I was going to use it at the time.  Felt a little guilty for making the purchase.  (Lord knows I don't need any more craft materials!) 

Any how's ....

                     

I dedided to write my Mother's Day greeting on the paper and paste it directly to the gift box!

I used my awl to score the paper' giving me a perfect
 line to cut. Sometimes using a pencil leaves
 an unslightly mark that's hard to get rid of.

I used decoupage to adhere the paper to the box.


Pink ribbon from another project!

Wrote my personalized Mother's Day message.

 
I think they came out great! 



photos:  by eve

No comments:

Post a Comment