Friday, November 9, 2012

DIY Bathroom Decorating on a Shoe "Strang"


The bathroom was the first room to come together in my new space.  It had been professionally painted, navaho white, (ugh!) and was in excellent condition.  I didn't want to tackle repainting it so I "washed down" the walls and used color, art and accessories to take your focus away from the wall color.  The bathroom sink was too small for a soap dish, so I purchased liquid hand soap from Home goods that had a blue label to add more color to the room.  In the future, I plan to paint the trim around the brown door mirror and the outside of the claw foot tub a medium grey.  But for now, I can live with it!   

*teal blue bath rug from Ikea-a few bucks  *Shower curtains from Ross-$5 ea.     *clothespin picture-yard sale-$5   *lantern, Ikea-a few bucks   *artwork-my original-$1M    *tall bamboo plants-flower mart-$5 ea.    
*4 door knobs-Home Depot-$1.25 ea.     *4 succulent plants-Home Depot-$1.55 ea.     *4 glass containers-99 Cents Store-99 cents ea.     *bathtub caddy-Bed Bath & Beyond-$39.99

I call it Minimalist meets Spa, meets Shoe "Strang"!  Below are "a few photos":


clothespin picture $5 from a yard sale


River Rocks-Thanks "W Hotels" for this tranquil idea.



I used this towel rack in my kitchen at my last home.  It's repurposed to be
a paper towel and guest towel holder.  Who knew?








Have a great weekend and be kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment