Tuesday, January 26, 2016

DIY Funeral Memorial Keepsakes

My friend, Dr. A. R.'s, Father passed away.  She and her Mother commissioned me to make a memorial keepsake for his funeral.  A. R.'s Father was a beautiful man, a master carpenter, an outstanding citizen in the community and loved the color blue. 

A.R. and her Mom gave me a couple of his blue flannel shirts to work with.   I created a 150 memorial pendants for the funeral.  They were reminiscent of the breast cancer ribbons.  I stitched a silver heart (requested by Mrs. R.), onto the blue flannel ribbons I made, using my  pinking shears.

 I really loved the idea that the silver heart memorial pendants, could be used later as a keepsake charm for key chains, bracelets, etc. and be a remembrance of the beautiful life Mr. R. lived.

At the funeral, the keepsake pendants were given to family members, our Pastor and guests.

 Below are a few photos:

charm can be used again









  Have a great weekend and remember to be kind!

photos:  by eve

No comments:

Post a Comment