Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rose Parade Floats!! / "Happy Hour"!!!






I love the Rose Parade.  Me, my daughter Ms. N, and our two friends Ms. R and Ms. K, took the Metro (train) to Pasadena.  It's the last day the floats will be on display for the public to view and enjoy!  Yea!!

I was dissappointed we didn't make it to the exhibit before it closed.  The floats are amazing up close.  Television doesn't do them justice.  I appreciate the creative designs and work hours it takes to make a float.  The Rose Parade rules require that all decorations must be some part of a living plant.  The emphasis is on roses and other flowers, but seeds, petals, bark, leaves, fibers, stems, vegetables, nuts and almost any and every kind of a plant are used.  

So we did the next best thing "happy hour" at Sushi Roku, on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena!

On our way back to the Metro (train), the Fantasy Trophy winner float was being excorted down the street!  I couldn't believe it.  A float!  So unexpected and exciting, I barely got my camera out.  "Well, there's your float"  Ms. R said.  I managed to take 4 pictures, but only 2 were decent enough to show.

Below "are a few photos":





Looks a little different, ugh? :)








2013 Tournament of Roses Parade
"Fantasy Trophy" winner

                                                   *****


Back to "happy hour".  Beautiful spaces are also on my list of loves.  Below are "a few photos": 



         
        waterfall at the restaurant entrance
  
              
        little intimate dining corner        
                     
                      uplit metal sculptures lined a back wall
   outdoor eating areas

          
Metro (train) station earlier 

eve4art@gmail.com
www.eve4art.com
Follow me!!



photos by:  eve













No comments:

Post a Comment