Sunday, January 6, 2013

Scarves for University of Montana



My Grand "E" (also known as "the king") ask me to make 5! - OK! - 5! scarves for him to take to the University of Montana. Oh, did I mention he was leaving in two days?

I showed him my fabric stash, but he wasn't interested in selecting fabrics.  He just kept saying, "yea", "yea" "I don't care".  (So much for the "big time" designer, client, presentation.)

"E" is transferring from the University of Hawaii - flip flops and tee shirts to the University of Montana.  It's a snowy 36 degrees in Montana.  I selected the most masculine, mostly wool, fabrics I had.  As requested, I cut the scarves extra long to be able to wrap around your head and cover your face.  I made a stencil of my logo and using gold/bronze acrylic paint, I stippled it onto the scarves.  And because my overlock became unthreaded in my rush to complete the project, sigh.  I used 1/8" baby hem on the raw edges.   I had enough time to fringe the grey & black wool scarf, and some on the burgandy plaid.  

The Family gathered together for an evening of packing bags and farewell wishes.  Below are "a few photos":







scarves were cut long enough to
cover "E's" head and face for
 protection from snow & cold weather
the other four scarves were packed in the
suitcase - this one made the cut to be in the backpack!

My Grand "E" is returing to a new university, new football team, new weather conditions, new team mates, new coaches, new housing, new state!  He's starting 2013, "so fresh and so clean, clean".  How about you?


FOLLOW ME!
 eve4art@blogspot.com
eve4art@gmail.com
www.eve4art.com



photos:  by eve








No comments:

Post a Comment