Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stage Costume for Patryce Banks



Patryce "Choc'Let" Banks

Hi!

I've been having technical difficulties for the past FOUR weeks!  Happy to be back!!  I missed sharing with you.

Below are "a few photos" of a top I designed and made for Fonktress, Patrice Banks!  I am so humbled and honored that she loved my design and wore it on stage.

Patryce and I met in choir rehearsal at our church, Trinity Baptist Church, Los Angeles.  She sang with Larry Graham & Graham Central Station.  I don't remember the conversation that led us to work together; but I am so happy it happened.  I haven't made anything for stage since designing for Anita Baker, over 25 years ago.  

Patryce's top is made from silk chiffon and a silk like knit.  It has lots of movement and flows when she walks.  Aahhh!   I kid you not, the sequence insert on the top was from a job I did for Wonderlove, many, many years ago.  It's well over 30 years old.  It was the perfect color and added just the amount of bling she wanted.  I also appliqued a piece of the sequence on the right sleeve.  I can't believe I held on to this small piece of sequence fabric after all these years!  




                                                    
                                                            
                                                                   Beautiful!
            Thank you Patryce!


         Patrycechocletbanks.com



photos by:  eve



No comments:

Post a Comment