Thursday, September 27, 2012

Celebrating in West L.A., Beverly Hills & Hollywood

We celebrated Ms E.'s birthday Sunday.  We started our celebration at Sushi Roku's Happy Hour, in West Los Angeles.  We ordered appetizers: Miso Eggplant Dengaku, Ingen Itame - Chinese Green Beans with Garlic Sause -  popcorn Shrimp Tempura with Spicy Creamy Sause & Tuna Sashimi Carpaccio with Sesame Soy & Garlic Chips!  I love wine, so I ordered plum wine.  After I finished my wine, what I thought was a big size olive in my glass, turned out to be a small plum.  The plum was so potent, and exotic tasting to me - after one bite I had to pass it on.  The plum never came back to me!  Below "are a few photos: 

table setting

robe was draped from the celing, a large silver metal fish
sculpture hung in the middle  

round wood pieces, different sizes, were used to
make this reception desk


one of the light fixtures

the birthday candle

Uhmm!

***

After sushi, we took the birthday girl to "Sprinkles Cupcakes" in Beverly Hills for a Birthday Cupcake.  It was fun ordering cupcakes from an ATM.  Below "are a few photos":







***

We ended our evening at "XAI Verandah Lounge" on Sunset Blvd., in Hollywood. It's  a cushy lounge and I had my first experience smoking flavored Hookah.  The smoke was light and kinda of sweet.  Wow! 
Below "are a few photos":






www.xailounge.com

We had a great time celebrating on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

Photos by:  eve

No comments:

Post a Comment