Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Starting Over !

One day, after being in an abusive marriage for far too many, many, many years, I stood up for my child and myself and walked away in 2010.  Between Church, therapy, and soul searching knowlege, I understand why I endured such cruelty for so long.

But it didn't take away my sad feelings: I felt that I was old with nothing left,  I felt my life was over; I felt there was nothing to live for; I felt suicidal; I felt sadness and guilt for subjecting my children to an, undeserved, dysfunctional family lifestyle; I felt I had given the best years of my life away trying to please and prove to my ex, the person I loved with all my heart, that I was worthy of his love - to no avail.

And so for the past two years I cried, I prayed, I forgave, I healed and I searched for who I am.  And I found me!  The me blessed with God given talents and gifts to share with the world.  And as a good witch once said, "you had it all along".   And "wow", I realized we all have been blessed with a gift to share with the world.

And right now, I am so very happy (who knew).  So eager to live my life to the fullest!  And, get this, people love my work!  Sometimes when they compliment me, I feel like turning around to see who they're talking to. :) 

October 1, 2012, I got the keys to my new small rental space in Silverlake, an area in Los Angeles.  I have never lived alone in my life.  To be honest, I'm kinda happy, kinda anxious, and kinda scared!! 

***

And so, my new journey begins!  Collecting my few belongings from family garages:

-I have a headboard, armoire and mirror from Pier One -  A buffet I bought at the Melrose/Fairfax Flee Market (many years ago for one of my refurbishing projects), in my Mother's garage; along with boxes and boxes of arts & crafts and quilting supplies!  Yea!  Can't wait to be with my stuff again!  And I know my Mother can't wait to have her garage again:) 



These empty Staples boxes came in handy.
-Originally purchased for my home years ago, this futon is in Daughter J's garage.  It's been passed around and around the family.  From children to nieces, now back to me - I'll take it!  Ugh! it's in pieces!!


-In Daughter E's garage I have a few recent purchases including my repurposed "On the Curb in Venice, CA" (9/24/12) find.



Once a week I'll post my progress on decorating my new space on a shoe string.  No, make that shoe strang! :))





























  






No comments:

Post a Comment