Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Frankie Beverly and MAZE



Guess what?!!
Last Friday, I was gifted a ticket to a benefit concert honoring Dr. & Mrs. Kenneth C. Ulmer and benefiting "Habitat for Humanity" at the Century Plaza Hotel.    The leagondary Gladys Night and the awesome Maze featuring Frankie Beverly performed.  Can you believe it?!!!

I missed most of Gladys' performance, but I caught all of Maze featuring Frankie Beverly.  It was my first time seeing Maze.  Frankie Beverly ask, "raise your hand if this is your 1st time seeing Maze" - I raised my hand happily along with a lot of others in the room.  He said "that's a dam shame"  we've been doing concerts for 45 years!  It was so funny.   But, in all those years I always seem to miss their concerts.  But oh, I didn't this time.  I had a great time!  I love their music.  I have their CDs.  Love, peace, happiness, togetherness - has been their message throughout the years.

There is something in their music message -I believe what they sing about will always be relevent.  Their musical expressions of human emotions, qualities and aspirations will always be in us.  Add in the soulful singing and the dynamic music beats and, what can I say -  Amazing!


Thank you Maze featuring Frankie Beverly!


This image was also used on their CD cover -
 notice the six fingers and thumb






photo:  eve

No comments:

Post a Comment